Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my blog where ink and paper connect to bring stories from around the world. I'll start by introducing myself. Being a social worker in private practice and Oncology for many years and with the children out of hands, I completed a Masters and PhD at the University of Pretoria under the mentorship of Dr. Hannie Schoeman. Soon after our immigration to Canada I took up some Screenwriting courses and completed two features listed in International competitions. Challenged to write 3 minute shorts and in partnership with Christine, we made it all the way through to being finalists thrice. Scripts, I believe must go to screen and that's what we're doing, although still in the process of learning.

Our Motto: Attending Film Festivals, volunteer and networking!

Do I long back to the days being a Social worker while writing articles for leading women magazines? Maybe it's just a matter of thoroughly enjoying what I'm doing and where I am right now.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Lenette and Christine on your latest endeavours !! I know in my heart you will do very well, as you definately are "go-getters". I know you love your life in Canada...and trust me...Canada Loves you and your entire family. Will follow your blog...and look forward to hearing about great success!
    Lynda Janes aka Number One Fan !!

    ReplyDelete